A place to read about exercise products, workouts, nutrition, and personal experiences
on the road to living a healthy fit life, one day at a time.



11.2.10

Vibram Five Fingers

Today I worked out. Woot.

First I jogged in the Vibram Five Fingers. This is only my second time running in them, so I didn't go very far. I'm sticking with the one mile distance in these puppies for awhile. My legs feel better...so far. We'll see if I'm immobile tomorrow like I was last week when I ran in them!

Then I basically did the same exercises that I did on Tuesday. This time however, Ryan did the whole workout with me, and I threw some lunges in for him, but my knee was KILLING me after the run. The left knee, of course, my surgeried knee. It hurts on the lateral side...so I think its a hamstring thing...we'll see if it feels better after I rest.

I know that I should be doing more knee rehab/strengthening exercises, so tomorrow my entire workout is going to be devoted to the knee. Oh the knee. You are the bane of my existence. The right one too!

I've been reading a lot of articles on barefoot running/the five finger shoes. I'll post some of the reviews I've read and my own review soon.

Apparently they are super popular, Ryan went to REI today to try some on and all they had was the water version, they were sold out of the other styles, and they're back-ordered from Vibram, so I feel lucky that I got mine when I did.

Food today, not bad. Cocoa Pebbles for breakfast, oranges and a Luna bar for a snack, ham and hummus sandwich for lunch, and shrimp with veggies and rice for dinner....plus a little bit of ice cream to celebrate Lucille's first birthday for dinner!

Time for the premiere of SURVIVOR!!! Bestest show ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment